With fall fast approaching, it’s the season for indoor activities on a rainy day. Movies and board games are fun, but why not use the opportunity to explore your creativity? Jumping into a bigger creative project might seem daunting with limited or no vision, but luckily there are plenty of ways to get creative with the support of the Be My Eyes volunteers.
- Knitting and crocheting. Knitting or crocheting is a useful hobby that can bring you warm socks or sweaters for colder weather. Once you have learned the technique, you have hours of endless creations ahead of you. Be My Eyes user, Wenwei, actually learned how to knit and crochet with the help of the Be My Eyes volunteers. Check out her story, if you yourself want to be inspired to take up knitting and crocheting.
- Playing music. Music can bring so much happiness, both to yourself and the people around you. Whether you are learning the chords for a new song, or want to take up a new instrument, the Be My Eyes volunteers are available to read out chords or help you familiarize yourself with an instrument.
- Making pottery or ceramics. From making clay into a bowl, to painting your bowl in a specific style, there are plenty of ways to express yourself creatively when it comes to ceramics and pottery. Whether you’re making a piece from scratch or just decorating, the Be My Eyes volunteers can help make sure that your creation looks perfect, and that you select the right colors for decoration.
- Painting and drawing. Painting or drawing can be one of the best ways to destress! If you like to express yourself creatively through painting our drawing, the Be My Eyes volunteers can assist you in picking out the right colors or explaining shapes.
- Dancing. Want to be the life of the party? Why not find some cool new dance moves that you can bust out at your next event? Find a good video tutorial and get a Be My Eyes volunteer to describe the dance moves to you. Then you just have to keep practicing!
- Completing a DIY project. You don’t have to look far on the internet to find endless cool DIY projects. Whether you want to make a homemade lip balm or some cool planters to spice up your space, DIY projects are always fun. Call up a Be My Eyes volunteer to make sure that you do everything right.
Do you want to tell us how you get creative with Be My Eyes? Send us a message at email@example.com, and maybe you’ll be the next one to be featured in our Community Story series!