It’s hard to get very excited about new terms of service and privacy policies, even for attorneys... But we ARE excited about everything that these new terms support - including Be My AI, the next great leap in accessibility for blind and low-vision people around the world, and Accessible CX, our services that connect users to accessible customer and employee support services.
Here is a summary of its highlights:
- We collect a limited set of personal information about you, and we do not sell it to third parties.
- Our services process and store data, including video streams, Be My AI images, and the limited personal information we collect, in the United States. You agree we can do that, and consent to processing and storage in the US.
- When you place a call to a volunteer or company, or when you answer a call as a volunteer, you are sharing information with the person on the other end of the line. We don’t control that interaction, but we do have suggestions for how to be careful with your personal information.
- We record and store video streams and other images to enforce our Terms of Service, promote and preserve safety, and to improve our services and create new services.
- Your data, including video streams and images, are encrypted in transit to us and encrypted when we store them.
- We may share video streams or images with third parties that are performing research or working to develop products and services that help blind and low-vision people or the general public, but if we do so it will be under agreements that protect confidentiality, restrict their use, and do not allow further sharing.
- You can ask us to modify or delete your data by contacting us at email@example.com.
To see all of the updates and changes to our Terms of Service, please read the full Terms of Service by clicking this link.
Here is a summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our Terms of Service cover all Be My Eyes services, including Be My AI and Accessible CX services.
- Please be safe and use good common sense when you use our services. Our terms tell you not to use Be My Eyes to cross the street or as a replacement for a white cane, guide dog, or other mobility aid. And if you are in an emergency situation, call an emergency responder, not a volunteer who may be thousands of miles away.
- We have a wonderful, global community of users and volunteers, and we want to keep it that way. Be nice to each other and treat each other with respect. No trolls allowed. We have and will continue to kick bad actors off of our platform.
- If you are blind or have low vision you are eligible to use Be My Eyes’s Services to connect to a volunteer, customer support, or Be My AI. If you are not blind or have low vision, we value your participation in Be My Eyes as a volunteer visual interpreter.
- We will send you emails. You can opt out of receiving some of them, but not the ones that are transactional or that are about our relationship with you (like the one that told you our terms are being updated).
- When you create a video stream using Be My Eyes or submit an image to Be My AI, you grant us a broad license to that video or image as described in the Terms of Service.
- If you submit an image of yourself or others to Be My AI, you agree and consent that we and our AI provider can process that image, including in ways that might be considered biometric scanning in some jurisdictions.
- There are a lot of bad things you can’t do using our services, and they are listed under Restrictions on Your Use of the Services in our Terms of Service. But if you stick with “be nice to each other and treat each other with respect,” you’ll probably be fine.
- Then there’s the really legal stuff like:
- We reserve rights to modify our terms and conditions, enforce them, and decide who can and cannot use our services.
- We are not responsible for what you stream, upload, or say to each other.
- Our services are provided “as-is.”
- Liability is limited between us, other than for a few exceptions listed in the terms.
- You and we agree to try to resolve any legal disputes informally, but if we can’t do that, you agree to arbitrate.
- You waive the ability to bring a class action lawsuit against us.