The Holiday season can be a stressful time, making sure that everything is ready for the festive celebrations. However, it’s also a time of coming together, and so with the Be My Eyes volunteers, you can make sure that everything is ready in time. Here are 10 ideas of how you can share this magical time with the Be My Eyes volunteers and help spread the Christmas spirit.
- Go Christmas shopping. Whether it be presents, groceries or decorations, the Be My Eyes volunteers are more than happy to assist you with your shopping, so you can make sure to pick out the right things.
- Wrap and distinguish gifts. After shopping for your gifts, you may want a Be My Eyes volunteer to help you pick out just the right wrapping paper and distinguish between the wrapped presents, so everyone will receive the correct gift.
- Read Christmas cards. One of the most wonderful things about Christmas is to receive handwritten Christmas cards from your loved ones. You can get one of the friendly Be My Eyes volunteers to read your cards aloud.
- Bake Christmas cookies. From turning on the oven and reading the recipe to measuring ingredients and decorating, the Be My Eyes volunteers can help make sure that you have fresh homemade cookies for Christmas.
- Decorate the house. There’s no better way to get into the Christmas spirit than decorating your house. The volunteers can make sure that everything is set up in the right place looking just perfect.
- Go on a Holiday light tour. Take a tour around your neighborhood or city to look at the beautiful Christmas lights. The Be My Eyes volunteers can help you with visual descriptions of the lights.
- Open your advent calendar. Need a little help finding the right door to open on your advent calendar? The Be My Eyes volunteers will definitely help you out!
- Pick out or check your outfit. The Holiday season is a time of many parties. Whether you are wearing a Christmas sweater or a glamorous dress, the Be My Eyes volunteers can help you pick out the right outfit and check that everything is on point.
- Find a Christmas tree. Is it truly Christmas without a Christmas tree? However, selecting just the right one can be a challenge for everyone. Let the Be My Eyes volunteers help you describe the trees so you can pick out the best one.
- Make a wreath. Make Holiday visitors feel extra welcome by putting up a beautiful wreath on your front door. The volunteers can help you pick out the right materials and help you put everything together.
By helping one another out, we can remind each other that the Holiday season is in fact the most wonderful time of the year!